Wednesday 7 March 2012

Most favourite red (of all time?)


Over the weekend I had the very fun (for me!) task of going through my parents’ wine fridge. The fridge itself holds about 500 bottles, and as they are moving this week, they wanted to transport the wine themselves, ahead of the fridge. My job (if you could call it that) was to go through each bottle of wine and label whether they need to drink it now, or at a later date. The fridge is super packed, and it is quite easy to lose track of bottles!

When I was going through the fridge I found four bottles of my absolute favourite wine (as you can see, it made my top ten list). This is a wine that I learnt about in my first wine course and it is a Domaine Galevan Paroles De Femme Cotes Du Rhone 2007 AC. It is just delicious, and has such a beautiful colour and the bottle is super elegant (and it was $15!). Needless to say, as my fee, I took two bottles of the wine, and I can hardly wait to drink it.

The colour is a deep ruby/purple and the nose has the usual cassis, meat and black fruit notes to it. It is definitely a medium-full bodied wine with elegant tannins and a long finish. Essentially, for me this is my perfect wine! It is made of 60% Grenache, 20% Mourvedre and the rest is equal parts Cinsault and Carignan. I hope every year that I can find some more from this producer, but I have not had any luck at the LCBO as of yet … in the happy event that I do, I will make sure to let everyone know.

Happy Wednesday
HM

2 comments:

  1. I second this post -- This is a most fabulous wine. LCBO, please bring it back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love knowing what the experts faves are -- can you do a post on favourite whites one day?

    ReplyDelete