Friday 2 March 2012

Delicious $10 Red (again!!)


There really is nothing better than a $10.00 bottle of Italian red, especially if it is delicious and full-bodied. I discovered this gem on my last LCBO adventure when I purchased an excess of red wine at a super reasonable total.


Last week I went for a ‘dinner club’ evening at a friend’s house with 5 other people. Essentially dinner club means that we take turns cooking for each other and hosting each other once a month. Last week’s meal was delicious and consisted of an amazing spinach and fig salad, along with a crusted salmon. I decided to bring over an Italian red that I had purchased for the bank-breaking price of $9.95. The wine is a Caldora Sangiovese 2010, Terre die Chiete from Abruzzo, Italy. I found it to be juicy with aromas of raspberry and some black fruit, along with the typically spices and barnyard/earth tones. It was a medium to slightly heavier red and I found it to be amazing on its own, as well as with dinner. I know that typically people don’t associate red with fish, but I thought that it worked great! It would also work with cheeses and other meats as well.

I am definitely going to go and purchase more of this one. It was delicious and a definite crowd pleaser! I suggest that others do the same, stock up on this one as it will also last for a couple of years and will hopefully just get better and juicier with age!

Tonight I am trying out a new wine bar that has gotten some rave reviews in the last while. Hopefully there will be some fantastic wine to drink!

Happy Friday!

HM

No comments:

Post a Comment