Wednesday 30 November 2011

December 3rd - Sonoma County

On Thursday night we went to a friend's condo for dinner. It was a cooler day, so on the menu was a delicious mushroom risotto, and a simple green salad with a hint of lime balsamic dressing. Needless to say, the food was delicious and fantastic! Knowing in advance that the meal was going to be vegetarian, I had decided in my head that I was going to bring either a white wine, or a light-bodied read. When I went to the LCBO, I stumbled across a new pinot noir in the Vintages section, it was a 2008 Grove Street Pinot Noir from Sonoma County.

IIt was delicious. It had just the right amount of ripe fruit on the nose, coupled with some spices on the palette. It was a real crowd pleaser and worked very well with the vegetarian dishes. I would highly recommend this wine, and at a very reasonable price of $17.95 at the LCBO it is s definite must have this winter season. I have been getting more into California wine lately, and there are definitely some amazing ones, that don't come with too hefty a price tag.

HM

No comments:

Post a Comment