Friday 18 May 2012

Mexican Wine? Who would have thought!

A couple of weeks ago, I was at the LCBO browsing through the Vintages section. I stumbled across a Mexican wine, and was immediately intrigued. I honestly do not believe that I have ever tried Mexican wine, but I was feeling adventurous that day so just went for it! The wine was a 2009 L.A. Cetto Petit Sirah, it has 14% alcohol and goes for the wonderful and extremely affordable price of $11.95! I tried a glass of it with dinner last night (using my trusty wine aerator -- more on that later!) and it was delicious.


The wine has a very deep and full colour, with shades of dark to black plum, and a moderate rim variation. The wine tasted and smelt of black pepper, spices, and dark teas. It was delicious and would have been great alongside some Mexican food, barbeque, or just as a stand alone glass of sipping wine. It had a long finish and smooth tannins. I was thoroughly impressed with this wine, and impressed that I actually tried something new! I was not expecting much from a Mexican wine, but it does make sense that they can do a great Petit Sirah with their climate.

I would suggest that everyone grab a bottle of this to enjoy, and try something different. I am just sad that I did not pick this up for Cinco de Mayo!

Happy Long Weekend!

HM

1 comment:

  1. you have to try Nebbiolo 2007 , it costs like $12 in Tijuana, and its good :)

    ReplyDelete