Tuesday 20 December 2011

Cabernet Sauvignon

The weather has started to get cooler lately, and we are almost at Christmas! With the cooler weather it always brings a desire to stay inside' watch holiday films and curl up with a great glass of red wine. Last week, when I was at the LCBO I was going through the vintages section looking for some Christmas gifts. When I was browsing, like any shopping adventure, I was obviously looking for myself as well! I was in the mood for a nice red, not too heavy and not too light. I decided to go with a Cabernet Sauvignon and went with one from Paso Robles California.

The wine is a a 2008 Liberty School Cabernet Sauvignon and comes with a price tag of $18.95. The wine is very typical and Has lots of red berry notes on the nose and the palette. It has silky tannins and a long finish. This is a great choice for a cold, rainy night before the holiday festivities this weekend.

Happy Holidays!
HM

No comments:

Post a Comment